Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- questions (We prefer mailing list, so don't expect a quick answer.)
- how do you like Sawfish
How do you use Sawfish? Edit
Viewport and Workspace Edit
Do you use Viewport and / or Workspace?
- Viewport only: 6. From as few as 2x2 to 4x9 or 6x6.
- Workspace only: 4. Some prepare a few + dynamically. Others have many from the beginning, and the number is fixed.
- Both: 1
- None: 3. Typically, they switch windows with jump-or-exec or popup-window-list.
How do you switch the viewport?
- At least, all seem to use keys.
- About a half don't use mouse, the rest do.
- Some use a pager.
- Trackball! (one)
Each focus mode has its fans, almost equal in number.
- Sawfish: 1
- Gnome: 3
- KDE: 1
- Sawfish + rox: 1
- None, but uses viewport / workspace: 1
- Some people like autoraise.
- Some don't like the middle click for the root menu.
Although most users here probably like and use sawfish very much, apparently it's one of the least popular window managers available... check the the linuxquestions.org's 2010's widow manager of the year poll (and vote if you're registered?)