Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Browse all patches|
This will (if warp-to-window-enabled and cycle-raise-windows are t) warp the pointer to windows while cycling.
Since the former is disabled by default. It shouldn't make a difference for most people.
0.0 initial patch.
0.1 fixed command-order.
0.2 use if necessary warp command.
Patch testing Edit
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
Index: lisp/sawfish/wm/commands/x-cycle.jl =================================================================== --- lisp/sawfish/wm/commands/x-cycle.jl (Revision 4332) +++ lisp/sawfish/wm/commands/x-cycle.jl (Arbeitskopie) @@ -202,6 +202,7 @@ (show-window win)) (when cycle-raise-windows (fluid-set x-cycle-stacking (stacking-order)) + (warp-pointer-if-necessary win) (raise-window* win)) (when cycle-show-window-names (cycle-display-message))
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection Edit
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviosuly your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- Please vote with: vote: yes., vote: no., vote: let's try in experimental., vote: pondering. or wait for next release.
- vote: yes. Author: I have been using that for a while via a hook in my ~/.sawfishrc, so I find it really usefull. Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 06:51, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- vote: yes. this one is nice also. I think that they just improve the functionality of warp-to-window-enabled (for people who enable it), while they don't change anything for people who do not enable this. Now, it would be nice if the pointer was warped to the center of the window, not its left upper corner. Janek Kozicki 14:34, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- ( define-special-variable warp-to-window-offset '( 50 . 50 ) ) is for warping to the middle Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 18:15, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- vote: let's try in experimental. I'm running it currently, I think that it can go to experimental. Added this patch to experimental branch for testing. Janek Kozicki 16:27, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
- vote: pondering. see my comment on Warp-if-necessary when unmaximizing as those two patches are related. Janek Kozicki 21:12, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- vote: yes. The Info manual says that this is already sawfish's behaviour, but it isn't. commited rev4335 Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 09:14, 27 December 2008 (UTC)