|Browse all patches|
This adds viewport-boundary (same as workspace-boundary, just for viewports)
Patch testing Edit
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
Index: lisp/sawfish/wm/viewport.jl =================================================================== --- lisp/sawfish/wm/viewport.jl (Revision 4295) +++ lisp/sawfish/wm/viewport.jl (Arbeitskopie) @@ -56,6 +56,10 @@ (defvar uniconify-to-current-viewport t "Windows uniconify to the current viewport.") + (defcustom viewport-boundary-mode 'wrap-around + "Wether to stop or wrap-around on first/last viewport" + :group (workspace viewport) + :type (choice wrap-around stop)) � ;;; raw viewport handling @@ -106,10 +110,13 @@ ;; returns t if it actually moved the viewport (define (set-screen-viewport col row) + (when (eq viewport-boundary-mode 'wrap-around) + (setq col (mod col (car viewport-dimensions)) + row (mod row (cdr viewport-dimensions)))) (when (and (>= col 0) (< col (car viewport-dimensions)) - (>= row 0) (< row (cdr viewport-dimensions))) + (>= row 0) (< row (cdr viewport-dimensions))) (set-viewport (* col (screen-width)) - (* row (screen-height))) + (* row (screen-height))) t)) (define (select-workspace-and-viewport space col row)
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection Edit
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviously your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- Please vote with: vote: yes., vote: no., vote: let's try in experimental., vote: pondering. or wait for next release.
- vote: yes. More Viewport-stuff! Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 17:43, 18 November 2008 (UTC)