Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Browse all patches|
The Crux theme uses miniature versions of client icons in the window menu buttons. The scaled pixmaps are cached and are not updated if a client changes its icon. This patch fixes that.
You can also get this patch with Git from http://www.elisanet.fi/tkorvola/sawfish.git, branch icon-refresh.
Patch testing Edit
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
diff --git a/themes/Crux/theme.jl b/themes/Crux/theme.jl index 50d1688..d55a3bb 100644 --- a/themes/Crux/theme.jl +++ b/themes/Crux/theme.jl @@ -417,6 +417,10 @@ (define (reframe-all) (reframe-windows-with-style 'Crux)) +(define (reset-icon w) + (table-unset icon-table w) + (rebuild-frame w)) + (define (color-changed) (recolor-all) (reframe-all)) @@ -458,3 +462,6 @@ ;; recalibrate frames when the window-name changes (call-after-property-changed '(WM_NAME _NET_WM_NAME) rebuild-frame) + +;; Konqueror changes the icon by page. +(call-after-property-changed 'WM_HINTS reset-icon)
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection Edit
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviosuly your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- vote: yes. Not a great many clients change their icons but Konqueror does that a lot, as it uses icons from the web pages. -- Timo Korvola
- vote: yes. Patch applied, thanks. Janek Kozicki 10:21, 4 August 2008 (UTC)