Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Browse all patches|
Add back the Smart placement modes "best-fit" "best-fit-group" and "first-fit-or-interactively" to the list of placement modes in SawfishUI
Patch testing Edit
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
Index: lisp/sawfish/wm/placement/smart.jl =================================================================== --- lisp/sawfish/wm/placement/smart.jl (Revision 4311) +++ lisp/sawfish/wm/placement/smart.jl (Arbeitskopie) @@ -416,6 +416,6 @@ ;;###autoload (define-placement-mode 'first-fit place-window-first-fit #:for-normal t) - (define-placement-mode 'best-fit place-window-best-fit) - (define-placement-mode 'best-fit-group place-window-best-fit-group) - (define-placement-mode 'first-fit-or-interactive place-window-first-fit-or-interactive)) + (define-placement-mode 'best-fit place-window-best-fit #:for-normal t) + (define-placement-mode 'best-fit-group place-window-best-fit-group #:for-normal t) + (define-placement-mode 'first-fit-or-interactive place-window-first-fit-or-interactive #:for-normal t)) Index: lisp/sawfish/wm/autoload.jl =================================================================== --- lisp/sawfish/wm/autoload.jl (Revision 4312) +++ lisp/sawfish/wm/autoload.jl (Arbeitskopie) @@ -130,9 +130,9 @@ (defgroup match-window "Matched Windows" :layout single :require sawfish.wm.ext.match-window) (defgroup tooltips "Tooltips" :group misc :require sawfish.wm.ext.tooltips) (autoload-placement-mode 'first-fit 'sawfish.wm.placement.smart #:for-normal t) -(autoload-placement-mode 'best-fit 'sawfish.wm.placement.smart) -(autoload-placement-mode 'best-fit-group 'sawfish.wm.placement.smart) -(autoload-placement-mode 'first-fit-or-interactive 'sawfish.wm.placement.smart) +(autoload-placement-mode 'best-fit 'sawfish.wm.placement.smart #:for-normal t) +(autoload-placement-mode 'best-fit-group 'sawfish.wm.placement.smart #:for-normal t) +(autoload-placement-mode 'first-fit-or-interactive 'sawfish.wm.placement.smart #:for-normal t) (autoload-command (quote maximize-window) (quote sawfish.wm.state.maximize)) (autoload-command (quote unmaximize-window) (quote sawfish.wm.state.maximize)) (autoload-command (quote maximize-window-vertically) (quote sawfish.wm.state.maximize))
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection Edit
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviously your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- Please vote with: vote: yes., vote: no., vote: let's try in experimental., vote: pondering. or wait for next release.
- vote: yes. This adds "best-fit" "best-fit-group" and "first-fit-or-interactive" to the list of placement-modes in SawfishUI. They are all working as expected Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 00:31, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- vote: yes. commited. rev4315 Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 18:52, 17 December 2008 (UTC)