|Browse all patches|
Major cleanup for Sawfish's c-part. Fixes most of the compiler-warnings and makes possible to build sawfish with CFLAGS="-Wall -ansi -pedantic" (previously: 68 (and build failed at fonts.c) / now: 9).
Ok building with CFLAGS="-Wall -ansi -pedantic" still fails, but this time it's not Sawfish's fault, it's the fault of two librep headers.
I'll therefore make clean-ups to librep and rep-gtk, too (not before 2 or 3 weeks, so be patient).
Patch testing Edit
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
The patch has 1667 lines, so I'm uploading it to my hp, instead of posting it here, get it via:
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection Edit
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviosuly your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- vote: yes. Authors comment: Yes, I didn't discover that anything got broken, so no reason to reject in my eyes. Flashrider [Christopher Bratusek] 06:02, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- vote: pondering. I'd love to say YES, but I can't test because my PC is broken. ;) Instead let me explain a bit how great this patch is. (You may know it already:) Thank you, Flashrider.
In short, this patch is a MUST for future enhancement of sawfish. Currently, compilation with warning flags emits flood of the warning messages. When I wrote a C-code the other day, I overlooked the relevant warning, buried in the mass. I restarted, and bang!, sawfish crashed. With this patch, such inefficiency gets driven away. - Teika kazura 09:11, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- vote: pondering. I didn't have the chance to run it, SVN trunk doesn't build at the moment. I've spotted a warning on keys.c function, in lookup_event, on line 747 "tem" is declared char and in line 771 there's an assignment between "tem" and "desc" (unsigned char). - Aav 07:50, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- vote: yes. Patch applies cleanly, I don't see any regressions, committed r4244. Andrea ─ I didn't have any build problems on 1st August, can you check again, now? Janek Kozicki 14:43, 4 August 2008 (UTC)