|Browse all patches|
(Uploaded by Christopher Bratusek)
taken from: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=69520
Focus behaviour changed from 1.0 to 1.0.1-20020116:
The behavior used to be such that when I invoke the command move-window-<up, right, down, left>(), the window I move would always get the new focus on the viewports it got moved to.
The behavior in the new version of sawfish is such that the previously focused window on the viewport I move to gets the focus instead, and the window that I am moving loses focus (and seems to go to the back of the focus-stack).
This makes it difficult to move a single window across many viewports, since I might start out with a galeon in the upper-right -- but end up with an rxvt in the lower-left.
Patch testing Edit
- Copy/paste the patch listed below into some file, eg.
- If you don't have sawfish sources yet, have one, as described get it from GIT repo.
- Go into the directory where sawfish sources reside, eg.
- Test if the patch applies cleanly with this command:
patch -p1 --ignore-whitespace --dry-run < TEST.diffin case of problems try also:
- If it applies cleanly, then remove the
--dry-runfrom above command and run it again, otherwise ask on the mailing list.
- Compile sawfish:
./autogen.sh && make
- Install it for testing, but it depends on your linux distribution.
- It is always better to install sawfish as your distribution package, but it is different for each distribution.
- So you may try
make install, which will install sawifish in
/usr/local/share/sawfish/(if you have write access). But then make sure that you run the correct version and delete it from that directory afterwards, to avoid any conflicts.
- Se also
PS: edit this template if you feel that those instructions can be improved.
--- lisp/sawfish/wm/viewport-bak.jl 2004-06-04 18:30:15.000000000 -0400 +++ lisp/sawfish/wm/viewport.jl 2004-06-07 04:12:34.525634389 -0400 @@ -266,7 +266,8 @@ (window-put window 'sticky-viewport t) (with-server-grabbed (raise-window* window) - (move-viewport col row)) + (move-viewport col row) + (set-input-focus window)) (unless sticky-viewport (window-put window 'sticky-viewport nil))))
Community's reasons for inclusion or rejection Edit
Patch submitters, please vote also! Yes, obviosuly your vote will be positive, but it's the place to give your explanation why this patch is good for all Sawfish users, and why it is correct - good reasons for inclusion.
When voting anonymously please write your name, so that it can be associated with your posts on the mailing list. If you are logged in you can sign yourself by typing four tilda characters: ~~~~.
- vote: yes. Absolutely yes. This patch realizes the appropriate though missing functionality. (In order to reproduce the problem, set the focus policy to 'click' and disable 'focus window when they appears'). - Teika kazura 07:54, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- vote: yes. Very good patch, thank you very much! I was suffering this problem too :) Applied r4246. Janek Kozicki 16:49, 4 August 2008 (UTC)