|Scripts quick access edit this|
- Author: Dave Pearson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Version: 1.3
- License: GNU GPL 2 only
- Download: festival.jl
- Homepage: http://www.davep.org/sawfish/
Turns Sawfish into a speaking window manager.
This script turns Sawfish into a speaking window manager when combined with the Festival Speech Synthesis System.
- Install the Festival Speech Synthesis System.
- Save festival.jl in your load-path.
- Add this to your ~/.sawfishrc:
(require 'festival) (festival-open)
To make festival read the name of a workspace when you change to it issue:
To get Sawfish to waffle on about windows when you change focus use:
You can turn the speech off at any time (probably within the first 30 seconds of use <g>) with:
festival-close are interactive functions (i.e. commands) so you can bind them to a key.
festival-say can be used to pass any text to festival so
feel free to add more speech abilities to your Sawfish environment.